Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-19 9:39 am

Post subject: Intet, the Dreamer (First EDH Deck - Suggestions welcome)
AgePosted: 2009-Nov-22 10:37 am 

So, my friends were all getting on me about making an EDH deck since they I was always having to borrow one of theirs. So I looked through some generals, and saw the PC dragon legends, and thought Intet could be pretty fun to play, and also a pretty good deck, so I looked for cards that had cool CIP abilities, some stealing cards, and replication stuff. This is what I came up with...any suggestions or discussion on it are welcome. Always trying to have more fun with the deck and make it better.

/edit - So I've had this deck for 6 months or so now, and I've made some slight changes that have made it a lot lot better, and more fun. The deck can just completely explode with card advantage and combos and take over the game. Let me know on any thoughts. Still need to put some sweepers in here too i know, and some more utility

//General
Intet, the Dreamer

//Lands
1 Mountain
3 Forest
4 Island
Reliquary Tower
Mosswort Bridge
Reflecting Pool
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
Karplusan Forest
Yavimaya Coast
Shivan Reef
Vivid Grove
Vivid Creek
Vivid Crag
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Cascade Bluffs
Wooded Foothills
Flooded Strand
Misty Rainforest
Polluted Delta
Scalding Tarn
Stomping Ground
Breeding Pool
Steam Vents
Taiga
Tropical Island
Volcanic Island
Yavimaya Hollow
Halimar Depths
//35

//Creatures
Wood Elves
Pestermite
Eternal Witness
Solemn Simulacrum
Glen Elendra Archmage
Oracle of Mul Daya
Mystic Snake
Indrik Stomphowler
Genesis
Acidic Slime
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Duplicant
Draining Welk
Sphinx of Jwar Isle
Krosan Tusker
Palinchron
Bogardan Hellkite
Woodfall Primus
Scourge of Kher Ridges
Magus of the Future
Tidespout Tyrant
Terastodon
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
Ethereal Usher
Mnemonic Wall
//25

//Artifacts
Sol Ring
Sensei's Diving Top
Simic Signet
Lightning Greaves
Coalition Relic
Whispersilk Cloak
Sword of Fire and Ice
Sword of Light and Shadow
Soul Foundry
Gilded Lotus
Grim Monolith
Vedalker Orrery
Scroll Rack
//13

//Instants and Sorceries
Brainstorm
Mystical Tutor
Worldly Tutor
Regrowth
Kodama's Reach
Skyshroud Claim
Rite of Replication
Decimate
Bribery
Time Warp
Tooth and Nail
Time Stretch
Desertion
Acquire
Grapeshot
Chord of Calling
//16

//Enchantments
Rhystic Study
Control Magic
Treachery
Future Sight
Take Possession
Sylvan Library
Awakening
Mana Reflection
//8

//Planeswalkers
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Tezzeret, the Seeker
//2

//Total - 100

The deck is pretty fun to play with lots of CIP abilities and copying going on. There are a few crazy things in the deck, like Kiki-Jiki/Pestermite or Time Stretch, but most of my friends I play with have random crazy stuff in their decks too, so it's all good. The deck has a significant mount of mana ramp and fixing in it, which in nice in a format with generally higher mana costs. With my friends playing even crazier decks though, I'm usually not drawing too much aggro and can build up enough where I can establish board position. Just like any game, you win some and you lose some...but that's what makes the game and format so much fun.

/edit - Ok, so this deck gets, deservedly so, a lot of aggro whenever I play it now. With all the stupid combos in the deck, people worry about stopping one and then another happens. Right now what I'm looking at is adding a bit more utility to the deck with things like Krosan Grip, Wipe Away, Counterbalance, and Chain Reaction. I'm now finding myself without anything I want to cut. Really the only card I could think of would be Control Magic, but I'm never not happy to see it when I draw it. More suggestions needed!!! Thanks all

Again, any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Stonebrow, Krosan Hero - Stompy stompy on yo FACE!
Angus Mackenzie - Welcome to the longest game of your life

Please visit and comment to help me improve as well! Thanks!

Last edited by VTguy88 on 2010-May-25 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Intet, the Dreamer (First EDH Deck - Suggestions welcome)
AgePosted: 2009-Nov-22 9:46 pm 

Adding Magosi, the Waterveil and Rings of Brighthearth would give you another crazy combo with Garruk. (infinite turns)

You don't have any graveyard hate to speak of, which is fine if no one in your group is abusing the graveyard, but you're leaving the door open for unanswered recursion madness, so consider at least a Relic of Progenitus or Scrabbling Claws.

I also see little to no way to answer swarms of creatures in this list (given that's hard with no white or black). You might consider some damage-based sweepers to help keep things under control, so some Rith player doesn't get out of hand. You could use spells like Volcanic Fallout or Firespout. I would avoid X spells like Earthquake, since they suck if they wind up on Intet. One of my favorites is the Scourge of Kher Ridge - if that thing sticks for more than a turn, things are gonna die.

In terms of what you might cut, I'd consider;
Frenzied Tilling
Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
Wood Elves
Silverglade Elemental

The first two have their uses, but they aren't going to impact a multiplayer game that much, unless you're targeting something broken like Tolarian Academy, and if you have academy problems in your group, I'd run Strip Mine/Wasteland/Ghost Quarter instead, since they can be online as quickly as first turn to make any of that kind of stupidity harder to pull.

The second two are good for ramping up, and can fetch your duals, but I'd be pretty bummed to see either one late-game.

Anyhoo, hope some of this is useful to you.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2009-Nov-22 11:02 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
You could use spells like Volcanic Fallout or Firespout. I would avoid X spells like Earthquake, since they suck if they wind up on Intet.

Firespout isn't any better under those circumstances. The sweepers and pseudo-sweepers in my Intet are Slice and Dice, Lavaball Trap, Evacuation, and Mogg Infestation. Sulfurous Blast is another fine one if you're on a very tight budget.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2009-Nov-23 12:42 am 

intreped wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
You could use spells like Volcanic Fallout or Firespout. I would avoid X spells like Earthquake, since they suck if they wind up on Intet.

Firespout isn't any better under those circumstances. The sweepers and pseudo-sweepers in my Intet are Slice and Dice, Lavaball Trap, Evacuation, and Mogg Infestation. Sulfurous Blast is another fine one if you're on a very tight budget.

Breath of Darigaaz works as a sweeper off of Intet as well because you do have the ability to kick it if necessary.

Offline Profile