Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 11:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-26 3:08 am 

Aggro_zombies wrote:
Jukren54 wrote:
I was considering running dreamborn muse to fill my graveyard with more dudes an kind of hurt everyone else.

Meh, I don't really like Dreamborn Muse, but that's just me. If I was going for something to get dudes in the yard, I'd probably use Dredge cards. The best one for this deck would be the 1/1 for 1BB that gets a +1/+1 counter on your upkeep and then destroys each creature with CMC equal to the number of counters on your EOT. Recurring mini-Wraths are pretty strong, I hear.

Don't remember the creature's name, but it's a rare.

Also, Tombstalker has been replaced with Kaervek for now.

It's necroplasm and yes it seems good for this deck. sweeping low over and over again with dredge seems to fit nicely.

Kaervek seems like a nice fit for EDH in general and it doesn't hurt this deck so I approve.

Nice to see that compulsion got added and my suggestions actually are good enough to make past just the words themselves.

4] Mayael the Anima (Fatties FTW!)
5] Omnath, Locus of Mana (Big Green Men)
6] Oros, The Avenger (Rock Burn)
7] Savra, Queen of the Golgari (Token Snack)
8] Rafiq of the Many (One Man, Alone)
9] Reaper King (Taste the EPIC!)
10] Uril, the Miststalker (Dark Rafiq)

I THINK in metaphors

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-01 9:55 am 

Mindleach Mass?

He's in my build that I'm working on right now but the deck is no where near finished so I haven't tested it.

Generals:
Karador, Ghost Chieftain
Edric, Spymaster of Trest
Melek, Izzet Paragon
Tajic, Blade of the Legion-in Progress

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-02 1:59 pm 

I love "the Mass" in this deck. I run him and have pulled many good cards from my opponents hand with his ability. The trample helps, as you want some form of evasion or CiP ability with most if not all of the creatures you plan on running in your deck.

Draw, discard, sweep, reanimate.

End of Line

odit wrote:
I normally my techy , controly decks.

This.

DECKS:
Uril's Legendary Tea Party
Jenara: Tell me why I have to be a Powerslave
Karador: Rock out with your cock out
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Cosmic Hearse

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-03 2:58 pm 

Ive been working on a Sedris build myself (started as Nicol Bolas... but oh well) and these are some cards im planning for that are worth considering:

Sneak Attack .....amazing for this deck, accels dudes into play and put them in your gy for fun with sedris :) works great with Hoverguard Sweepers and any other creature with a citp effect.
Anger .....gee, now everything i play has haste, thats nifty.
Doomed Necromancer .....unearth, which gives it haste, then activate to bring another fatty into play for goods.
Apprentice Necromancer .....seems the same as doomed at first, but really its not as great here.
Nicol Bolas .....an amazing card to sneak in or reanimate with haste.
Buried Alive .....stacks your gy, also can throw anger in there early
Entomb .....not as good as buried alive but still good.. maybe not good enough tho.
Phyrexian Reclamation .....works great with sneak attack
Intuition .....very good search which includes discard.
Oblivion Stone .....takes out planeswalkers and gives you enchantment destruction
Animate Dead .....animate from anywhere
Necromancy .....animate from anywhere
Makeshift Manequin .....animate as an instant!
Stitch Together .....cheapo animation
Reanimate ......the cheapest, and animate from anywhere.
Beacon of Unrest .....animate from anywhere that can also hit artifacts
Hinder .....arguably the best counter in the format

NOW, i have an important question: if you unearth something and then bounce it does it get rfg'd or does the bounce go thru, saving the creature you unearthed to used again later????? If it doesnt get rfg'd then cloudstone curio would be sweet. and/or other bouncy cards.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-03 3:01 pm 

draaaak wrote:
NOW, i have an important question: if you unearth something and then bounce it does it get rfg'd or does the bounce go thru, saving the creature you unearthed to used again later????? If it doesnt get rfg'd then cloudstone curio would be sweet. and/or other bouncy cards.

If a creature that has been unearthed would move from "in play" to any other zone, it is instead removed from the game as a replacement effect. Not even something like Flicker or Momentary Blink will prevent this.

Also, unearthed creatures have haste, so Anger is redundant unless you plan on playing most of your big guys first. Wonder or Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Filth are better because they grant evasion.

Also, I recently added Hinder, Cryptic Command, Mindleech Mass, and Spelljack to the deck. I'll update the list later.

Sidisi - Nin

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-03 3:08 pm 

Aggro_zombies wrote:
draaaak wrote:

If a creature that has been unearthed would move from "in play" to any other zone, it is instead removed from the game as a replacement effect. Not even something like Flicker or Momentary Blink will prevent this.

Also, unearthed creatures have haste, so Anger is redundant unless you plan on playing most of your big guys first. Wonder or Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Filth are better because they grant evasion.

Also, I recently added Hinder, Cryptic Command, Mindleech Mass, and Spelljack to the deck. I'll update the list later.

That's incorrect, partially. While bounce effects will not work with Unearth, RFG effects will. If you Momentary Blink or Oblivion Ring a creature with Unearth, it will not use the replacement RFG effect of Unearth and will come back into play with blink, or come back into play when Oblivion Ring leaves play. This is why Sedris decks frequently include cards like Safe Haven to save their unearthed creatures.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-03 4:29 pm 

Cervid wrote:
Aggro_zombies wrote:
draaaak wrote:

That's incorrect, partially. While bounce effects will not work with Unearth, RFG effects will. If you Momentary Blink or Oblivion Ring a creature with Unearth, it will not use the replacement RFG effect of Unearth and will come back into play with blink, or come back into play when Oblivion Ring leaves play. This is why Sedris decks frequently include cards like Safe Haven to save their unearthed creatures.

JUDGE!

(The local judges have said otherwise, but I heard at first that it worked, which is why I mentioned it.)

Sidisi - Nin

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-03 5:54 pm 

Aggro_zombies wrote:
Cervid wrote:
Aggro_zombies wrote:
draaaak wrote:

JUDGE!

(The local judges have said otherwise, but I heard at first that it worked, which is why I mentioned it.)

It works.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-03 10:09 pm 

unearthing a great whale or stalking vengeance could be nice. the whale because it's basically a free 7/7 plus another unearth guy and the vengeance because it fits the decks theme so well.

I THINK in metaphors

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-04 12:41 am 

Re: Unearth
# 502.84.Ruling.3 - If the creature leaves play by any means before the end of the turn, it is removed from the game by the replacement ability. If it is still in play at the end of the turn, it is removed by the delayed triggered ability. [Shards of Alara FAQ 2008/09/23]

# 502.84.Ruling.5 - If another effect removes the creature from the game, then it will succeed at doing do. [Shards of Alara FAQ 2008/09/23]

Seems to indicate effects like momentary blink and oblivion ring will remove the creature from the game, but bounce effects won't.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-04 1:32 am 

big jim wrote:
# 502.84.Ruling.3 - If the creature leaves play by any means before the end of the turn, it is removed from the game by the replacement ability. If it is still in play at the end of the turn, it is removed by the delayed triggered ability. [Shards of Alara FAQ 2008/09/23]

# 502.84.Ruling.5 - If another effect removes the creature from the game, then it will succeed at doing do. [Shards of Alara FAQ 2008/09/23]

Seems to indicate effects like momentary blink and oblivion ring will remove the creature from the game, but bounce effects won't.

Correct.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-04 6:21 pm 

big jim wrote:

Acctually bounce effects will remove it from the game

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-04 6:30 pm 

I love how this thread is so tied up about unearth right now instead of the actual decklist.

The ruling for unearth is that bounce effects and it leaving play for any reason will RFG it into the "void". The exception is other alternate RFG effects like oblivion ring, turn to mist, and momentary blink will remove it from the game as normal and return it to play as a regulay creature with no memory that it was originally unearthed.

Here's the WOTC video from youtube about unearth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rua4kKSjy00

I THINK in metaphors

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-06 5:23 pm 

In reference to an earlier post about why aggrozombie is playing with counters and he said that gy hate can't hit the table...

I'm packing trickbind and stifle in my Sedris build, and I like them a lot. No need to fear crypt or relic if they're in hand. Randomly stop a lot of other stuff too. I also play with feldon's cane and thran foundry to help against gy hate. It's nice to resolve the cane or foundry and breathe easy while you formulate a gifts, buried alive or careful consideration play. The foundry can snag someone else's yard too if needed.

I've never had a problem refilling the graveyard post cane or foundry. Besides, at some point you can just start hard-casting the fatties and then get double mileage out of them with unearth.

Food for thought.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Mar-07 8:53 am 

my favorite card for this deck is Teferi's Veil, it's sooooooo broken since everything you unearth gets to phase out after it attacks and not be lost to exile. cold storage is also a great way to get around the rfg bs. My friend who plays this deck run Clone, Doppleganger, Great Whale and Palinchron, which in the late game generate a ton of Mana. other things that are great Windfall, Wheel of Fortune and Dragon Mage since they put cards in your graveyard and give you cards. Don't forget Buried Alive, it's such a good tutor for Sedris.

Braids Cabal Minion
Merieke Ri Berit

Their Pirate King
Sygg River Cutthroat

My Little Bastard
Child of Alara

Grandpa Hugs Alot
Multani Maro - Sorcerer

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next